All applications are submitted electronically through the application portal. Below are required components of the application you must submit in order to be considered for admission into the Plant Biology and Microbiol Biology doctoral programs. We accept applications beginning September 1st through December 1st for the following year's fall start cohort.
- Completed online Graduate Application for Admissions and Fellowships
- Statement of Purpose
- Personal Statement
- Transcripts from each college and graduate institution attended
- Three letters of recommendation, at least two of which should be written by science faculty. All reviewers should be familiar with the student's scholarly abilities.
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score for applicants who have received undergraduate degrees from institutions where English is not the language of instruction.
- Paid Application Fee of $120 if you are a U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident, and $140 otherwise. (Fee Waiver: U.S. citizens or permanent residents who can demonstrate financial need are eligible to apply for a waiver of the application fee. )
* Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores are not required and will not be reviewed for the graduate application.
Please review UC Berkeley's Graduate Admissions Requirements for futher information on the application requirements.
Should you have any questions or concerns about the graduate admissions application or graduate admissions process, please contact the Graduate Advisor at email@example.com.